For over a hundred years the Community of the Resurrection worked in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Brethren still visit and maintain links, supporting the church and working with local communities.
We offer support to several dioceses:
- We assist with the on-going training of clergy;
- When we can we celebrate the Eucharist in places that don’t often see a priest;
- We take students from our College there on placement, and also clergy and lay people from around England whose vision of Christian life is transformed by their experience;
- We encourage clergy and lay people living under persecution and in very hard economic circumstances, and we ourselves are inspired by their example;
- We collect and send out vestments and church supplies;
- We support the independent charity Tariro – Hope for Youth in Zimbabwe, in its work in Zimbabwe;
- We help the Anglican communities of Zimbabwean Sisters to make a better living and to recall their ideals of religious life.
In South Africa and Lesotho
- We send students on placement to Johannesburg and Cape Town;
- We keep in touch with small groups of Companions;
- We support the theological college in Grahamstown;
- We also administer a trust fund that supports medical mission in Lesotho.
Visit or Stay
We welcome you to come to CR and to share in our life. Some come regularly to talk with a brother, others spend a day or two experiencing this very different environment. Individuals and groups come on retreat and pilgrimage, share in the teaching and courses we offer and join us in worship and meals.